Covid-19 Pandemic Personal Protection Equipment
During the early days of the Covid-19 Pandemic and the lack of PPE supply. Protectal instigated rapid mobilisation for manufacture & supply of c12,000 PPE consignments, (5-200 items, including masks, visors and protective gowns), to UK frontline services. By pivoting a renewable energy manufacturing.
- Frontline workers had protection whilst the first stages of supply was addressed.
- Disadvantaged children has access to school meals.
- Vulnerable and isolated people received care, prescriptions and comfort packages, as volunteers were able to work safely.
- All of the designs and instructions were shared worldwide to ensure other manufacturers could produce their own.
- An online hub was created to share designs, ideas, volunteers and requests to streamline the supply worldwide.